This conference is the German Colloquium on Student Services: "Shaping Change in Student Services - How we can Transform Crises and Challenges into Positive Change" in higher education in Europe and to join the discussion on students wellbeing as a challenge and an opportunity with colleagues from Germany and Europe. The conference is preceded with a food safari led by TUCO in Frankfurt to look at German and global food trends.
Who is this for?
This event is for thought leaders, decision makers, and policy visionaries from food service operations and student services in the TUCO membership, who would like to discuss student wellbeing provision and support in the current environment of rising costs and lack of funding, to network internationally, and to learn about new innovations for the management level of student services institutions and higher education institutions alike.
Why should I take part?
As well as discovering how student services are tackling positive change for students in on the continent you will be able to meet peers from the TUCO membership and several European countries. There is a full programme of sessions over the three days and all lectures and discussions will be interpreted simultaneously or consecutively. Language mediation during the accompanying programme will be provided. The Conference includes a campus tour of the University facilities at nearby Landau and networking social dinners in the evening.
The cultural programme includes a tour and reception at Hambach Castle and a Barbeque & wine tasting from the local growing regions of Anterior Palatinate.
There are 2 bursary places available free of charge and the TUCO Academy will be accepting applications up to the closing date of the 7th of June 2023 through the following form: Bursary Application Form Please do not use the booking form button on the right.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will benefit from presentations, panel discussions and workshops on:
- Transformation of Student Services in Crises (including thoughts from student representatives)
- Management of strategy, human resources, communication
- Transformation in dining services, student housing and counselling and mental health services
- Reforming of student financial aid, digitisation of student services, and diversity management
A strong emphasis has been placed on networking and exchanging experiences in respective student services fields between attendees - participants are encouraged to prepare a 1 minute elevator pitch: Who am I? What am I looking for? How can we co-operate?
- Transport to Germany and the Conference from Heathrow (Flight is at 14:15 on the 3rd July and will be returning by 18:20 on the 7th of July)
- Overnight accommodation during your stay
- All visits including entry to the Conference
- Food and drink each day
- Please see the initial programme of events in the attachment below
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Additional drinks, room service, etc.
A provisional itinerary will be made available shortly. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to the event commencement.