Who is this for?
Healthy Foods and Special Diets is a qualification which is an introduction to how nutrition is absolutely vital to health. A good understanding of food, nutrition and health is especially important to anyone involved in the provision of food and this course will give a basic overview.
Why should I take part?
This courses is accredited and have been developed to give an overview of food nutrition and health. Qualifications are assessed by multiple choice examination.
How will it help me?
During the event you will...
- Receive recommended guidelines for the composition of a balanced diet
- Understand how nutrients make up content of food and food groups
- Learn about nutrient deficiency and excess
- Receive guidance on special diets
- Learn about the 24 Principles that are part of the Menus of Change
Following the course you have the option to have:
- Have attained a Level 2 qualification in Health Food and Special Diets on passing the assessment
- A record of attendance for your professional development
Minimum guided learning hours for the qualification:
Level 2: 5 hours + exam at institution at a later date
The course will take place over 1 day, the day will typically start at 0900h and end at 1700h (allowing 1h for lunch and refreshment breaks). The exam for this course (if you have requested it) will take place at your institution after the training is completed. We may need to train an invigilator for the exam to be held in your institution.
This is an online session with a limited number of places available. Delegates will need access to a laptop or PC with a microphone and web camera to participate in this interactive course. Attendees will receive a link to the session one week before and a downloadable participant pack the day before. (Paper copies can be sent out if you notify Sarah Mcloughlin at least 1 week in advance [email protected] )