Who is this for?
Managers at any level in catering and hospitality departments, especially those seeking to improve their report writing skills and those seeking promotion within their organisations.
Why should I take part?
This valued report writing training course gives report writers the necessary writing skills to prepare and complete a report professionally. It also provides them with the critical skills to evaluate their subject and present conclusions objectively. Focus is also placed on the importance of gearing the report content for the benefit of the reader and achieving the main purpose of any report – to convey information on a subject clearly, fairly and without bias.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Recognise how to plan and complete reports for maximum impact
- Understand the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
- Identify the different measures of readability
- Know how to tailor a report for a specific audience
- Understand the different stages and time allocation of report writing
- Know the difference between active and passive verbs
- Recognise when to use data to back up your report
- Identify which type of diagram to use to support your data findings
- Be able to effectively revise and fine-tune the report
Following the event, you will…
- write reports that prioritise value over volume
- know how to address multiple audiences, as you never know who will end up reading your report
- be confident in identifying important information to include in your report
- relay your reports in a clear and concise manner
The course takes place in the form of an online webinar.
This is an online session with a limited number of places available. Delegates will need access to a laptop or PC with a microphone and web camera to participate in this interactive course. Attendees will receive a link to the session one week before and a downloadable participant pack the day before. (Paper copies can be sent out if you notify Sarah Mcloughlin at least 1 week in advance [email protected] )
Final itineraries and timings will be in your calendar invite.
About the Trainer:
The day course will be run Graeme Jones. Following a 30 year career in Financial Services, Graeme decided it was time to invest the rest of his working life into supporting business’ most important asset – their staff. He have worked with businesses through financial services and managed sales and service teams throughout the UK. This has included the recruitment, training and coaching of both front line staff and their management. Graeme is keen to give back to businesses, the wealth of knowledge and experience he has accumulated to date.