Who is this for?
Staff who are required to use and interpret regular financial reports on their department, recently promoted staff who may not have had to deal with finances directly or anyone who finds the various accounting terms a bit puzzling.
Why should I take part?
There is a constant need to regularly measure, monitor and report on hospitality operations to ensure that the strategic objectives of the operation are being met. The objective of the ‘Finance for Non-Financial Managers’ one day course is to develop commercial awareness and to facilitate delegates’ understanding of the key financial competences required to manage a business successfully, such as forecasting and business analysis.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Learn about The Income and Expenditure Report:
- The basic principles
- Explanation of financial terminology
- Business controls to manage revenue and cost
- How to trade and make a profit
- Calculation and interpretation of business figures
- Brief overview of the difference between CAPEX and operational spend
- Learn about Introduction to the Balance Sheet:
- Long term vs. short term assets
- Working capital
- Profit measurement in relation to investment
- Learn about Introduction to the Cash flow:
- Planning for cash requirements
- Working capital controls
- Simple KPI’s to measure performance
Following the event, you will…
- Think, talk and act more commercially aware within the workplace
- Understand and interpret financial reports
- Be able to calculate and analyse key financial figures
- Develop action plans based on financial performance
0900: Delegates to arrive at TUCO HQ by this time for registration
0930: Start of course
1100: Break - Tea and Coffee
1130: Course Continues
1230: Lunch - Provided by TUCO
1330: Course Continues
1500: Course Continues
1600: End of Course
Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to event commencement.
About the Trainer:
The day course will be run by Debra Adams, Head of Professional Development at arena4finance. She is a leading practitioner in delivering courses to develop fundamental financial skills in the hotel and catering sector and is the author of the highly acclaimed text book 'Management Accounting for the Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Industries.’
Additionally Debra has been the Head of Professional Development at the Hospitality Professional Association (www.hospa.org) for over 10 years and was awarded the HOSPA Paragon Award in 2014 for her commitment to financial and revenue management education.
The trainer was excellent, very calm and clear! - Delegate from Loughborough University
A tough but rewarding day with a wealth of information available. Well-structured and presented with a clear objective and focus through-out. - Delegate from Edge Hill University
Travel and Accommodation:
TUCO HQ is located at National House 3rd Floor, 36 St Ann Street, Manchester, M2 7LE. It is a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station and Victoria Train Station.
TUCO Ltd have a corporate contract with Motel One Hotel. The cost per room (single occupancy) is £69.00 INC VAT and has a 100% cancellation fee up to 6pm on the day of the reservation. To benefit from this contract please quote TUCO at the time of booking.
36 St Ann Street