Who is this for?
Managers who have previously completed an accredited Level 4 or Advanced Food Safety course, who would like to have formal training in updates that have taken place in recent years.
Why should I take part?
This course intends to update delegates on changes to food safety management since the completion of a formal food safety qualification. This course is suitable to meet the requirement for food safety refresher training, up to advanced level. While not an accredited course, a certificate of attendance will be issued for your employee record.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Learn about HACCP based procedures: what’s new - threats and vulnerabilities
- Cover Food Safety Management Systems & due diligence including lessons learned from recent court cases
- Learn about managing allergen hazards – their control from supply to service
- Learn about Food Information Regulations 2014
- Understand the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme and how to achieve 5 stars
- Discuss future developments – acrylamide monitoring and calorie labelling on menus
Following the event, you will…
- Have a certificate of attendance for your employee record
0900: Delegates to arrive at TUCO HQ by this time for registration
0915: Start of course
1200: Lunch - Provided by TUCO
1245: Course Continues
1630: End of Course
Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to event commencement.
About the Trainer:
Sarah has over 20 years experience as a manager in the catering industry with McDonald's Restaurants Ltd. Following a secondment in their training department, Sarah spent 5 years supporting restaurants run apprenticeships, eventually managing and assuring the quality of the National team of Assessors and IQAs in the UK for the company. After a year at a college as the Retail, Hospitality and Catering Engagement Manager, Sarah joined TUCO with the Academy. Sarah also teaches the Allergen, Food Safety and Customer Service courses regionally.
Travel and Accommodation:
TUCO HQ is located at National House 3rd Floor, 36 St Ann Street, Manchester, M2 7LE. It is a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station and Victoria Train Station.
TUCO Ltd has a corporate contract with Motel One Hotel. The cost per room (single occupancy) is £69.00 INC VAT and has a 100% cancellation fee up to 6pm on the day of the reservation. To benefit from this contract please quote TUCO at the time of booking.
Informative, helpful and the course was really interesting and enjoyable.
– Delegate from Cardiff University.
36 St Ann Street