Who is this for?
Chefs and back of house managers who have creative control of menus for student catering and commercial sites.
Why should I take part?
A restaurant’s menu is the centrepiece of the business and is one of the major drivers of customer footfall to use your catering facilities. It’s also one of the most expensive parts of your business to maintain in terms of rising food cost and can be used for efficiencies in cost control. A menu which is carefully crafted to entice customers and cleverly designed so it can be easily adjusted when need be can save you up to 15% in costs.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Cover the theory of menu engineering
- Take part in a practical, interactive session showing best practice in menu design and the opportunity to apply what’s been learned to your own offer
- Gain useful tools for menu design
- Learn how to write menu descriptions
- Hear how to adjust prices and keep customers
Following the event, you will…
- Understand how to identify your most valuable menu items
- Have learnt how to price items on your menu and sell higher-priced menu items
- Be able to successfully design, write and price your menu
36 St Ann Street