Who is this for?
This course is designed for chefs at all levels and will be tailored on the day to meet training levels.
Why should I take part?
M&J Seafoods are delighted to offer two unique Fish and Seafood training days to TUCO chefs in 2019. Each one-day development day has been designed to provide chefs with a broader knowledge of fish and seafood species, seasonality, sustainability and preparation. The training will be held at one of M&J Seafoods suppliers’ fisheries to give a deeper understanding of the product that reaches their kitchens.
The training days will be hosted by Terry Martin, Master Fishmonger and 2-times winner of the BFF British Fishcraft Championships and Business Development Chef Jason Calcutt. By the end of the day, each chef will leave feeling excited and confident to use more fresh fish.
The course duration is one day. However, accommodation plus an evening meal can be added on at the time of booking.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Develop your knowledge of different fish through a tour of Hastings Market
- Network with other like-minded TUCO members from other institutions over coffee and breakfast and Hastings Fisheries
- Explore fish familiarity, best practice and sustainability
- Enjoy a fresh fish demo, learning how to identify different fish
- Learn how to perfectly fillet fish
- Enhance knowledge of fresh fish through networking with a skipper on a day-boat who will show you the freshly landed fish
- Take part in a ‘Ready, Steady, Cook’ challenge, to develop your fish cooking skills and experience cooking with different varieties of fish
- Test your knowledge of fresh fish through a quiz which is designed to further teach you about fresh fish
Following the event, you will…
- Have learned how to perfectly fillet fish
- Have gained a broader knowledge fish and seafood species, seasonality, sustainability and preparation
- One full day training with an experienced fishmonger with lunch and breakfast included on-site
- Accommodation the night prior to the training (optional, please select at time of booking)
- Dinner the night prior to the training (optional, please select at time of booking)
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Travel to and from the tour
Download a provisional itinerary here. Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.