Who is this for?
TUCO members who are looking to enhance their bars in order to bring more students back into campus bars. Delegates who would like to revitalise their bar offerings in terms of alcohol-free beverages in response to the decline of students consuming alcohol.
Why should I take part?
Following the rise in university fees and Gen Z acting as the most conscious consumers that university institutions have seen so far, the quantity of alcohol that students are consuming is decreasing and more and more students are even going completely tee-total. As students opt more and more to socialise at home with supermarket-bought beverages, universities are finding that campus bars and social areas are declining in popularity which is having an effect on profits. The objective of this tour is to explore on trend, non-alcoholic beverages (such as mocktails, craft teas, alcohol-free beers, super clean smoothies and blends, and showstopper drinks). As well as the alcohol-free beverages themselves, the tour will consider bars and social areas that are most popular with Gen Z, showcasing how spaces can be utilised to their full potential to attract students throughout the day. This tour will cover all the micro-trends within imbibing, providing heaps of inspiration for your drink menus. Whilst the tour will focus primarily on alcohol free drinks, consideration will also be given to the design and layout of bar concepts to enhance attractiveness to students.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Network and brainstorm with likeminded TUCO members from other institutions who are facing the same challenges as you
- Gain a greater understanding of your target market – the Gen Z clientele
- Learn some new mocktail and alcohol-free drink recipes and how to implement them at your institution
- Consider how small changes and new introductions to your bar spaces could significantly enhance the appeal of tee-total students back into their campus bars.
Following the event, you will…
- Be able to redevelop your alcohol-free drink menu offerings
- Create a larger and more appealing drinks offering and social space, in response to student trends, that will encourage students back into university bars.
- Walking tour exploring some of Manchester’s most popular bars to showcase how they are thriving despite a decline in alcohol consumption, including master mixology, innovative bar design and layout, and multi-purpose bar concepts.
- Mocktail masterclass delivered by a professional mixologist
- A tasty, on trend lunch
- Travel around Manchester during the study tour
What’s Not Included?
- Accommodation at Motel One Royal Exchange is not included in the base price of the development day but can be added at an additional cost of £40.00 + VAT.
Download a provisional itinerary here. Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.