Who is this for?
Institutions that are experiencing a change in drinking culture within their university. TUCO delegates that would like to enhance their cocktail and mixology knowledge, those seeking to create new cocktail menus to entice students back into their bars, members who are interested in developing more extensive ‘mocktail’ recipes for their alcohol-free clientele.
Why should I take part?
With the number of students choosing to go tee-total or opting to stay home and drink rather than venture to their local student bar, it is more important than ever before that we understand the trends and tastes of mixology that our students are interested in. It’s definitely not all bad news, now more than ever we are experiencing students being more willing to try new flavours, and they’re willing to pay for the privilege. Students are acknowledging quality over quantity and are looking for exciting beverages that they can show off on social media. It’s about the experience, not just the drink itself. A challenge for mixologists – and one that we are excited to take on!
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Network with like-minded TUCO members from other institutions to brainstorm and develop new thinking together as a team
- Learn via hands on experience to create master cocktails with the ‘wow factor’
- Experience the on-trend characteristics of cocktails to take back to your institution
Following the event, you will…
- Understand the concept of ‘the cocktail experience
- Redevelop your cocktail menus to appeal to your clientele
- Overnight stay at Motel One, Royal Exchange
- Visit to a University Institution within Manchester
- Tour of Manchester's most successful and on-trend cocktail bars
- All food and drink during the event
- Dinner at a local, on trend restaurant
- Cocktail Masterclass and lunch at Chaophraya
- Guided networking seminar at TUCO HQ
A provisional itinerary for this event will be made available very shortly. Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.