Who is this for?
University caterers at any level, who are seeking to enhance their vegan and vegetarian offerings within their institutions.
Why should I take part?
The vegan and vegetarian lifestyle as a trend and dietary choice is one that shows no sign of stopping and the sale of plant protein products have been increasing rapidly over the last few years. In addition, a growing number of consumers who would normally include meat and dairy products in their meals are opting for a 'flexitarian' diet on an increasingly frequent basis. Over 90% of plant-based meals in the last year in the UK were eaten by non-vegans! This cumulative preference for vegan and vegetarian meals is by consumers who are engaged with following a 'healthier lifestyle' and are actively choosing to reduce their meat and/or dairy consumption as well as the traditional vegan and vegetarians. Catering for both demographics is a great way for institutions to keep menus fresh and interesting.
This study tour takes in a variety of catering sites that do plant protein, vegan and vegetarian meals exceptionally well, including visits to street food stalls, fast food cafes and a fresh, colourful and international cuisine-based restaurant.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Visit some of the most innovative and creative food establishments in Manchester with a leading supplier of plant protein products, who can discuss with you how you can replicate some of the menu items in your own institutions
- Experience menus and meals that reflect the trends of conscientious consuming, the plant-based revolution and health for all from the Global Food and Trends report
- Share best practice with other institutions
Following the event, you will…
- Get ideas on how to transform menus for vegans and vegetarians
- Have learnt how informal and informal dining can use vegan and vegetarian options
Everything included in the itinerary is included in the cost of the study tour. This includes one-night accommodation, all travel around Manchester during the Study Tour, all meals and visits.
Download a provisional itinerary here. Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.