We are on the lookout for the TUCO member catering team which has the most imaginative menu for British Food Fortnight – which ran from 19 Sept until 6 Oct 2019. The menu should showcase to students that cooking with British produce can be healthy, affordable and fun. Extra points will be given to teams that also offer students tips on planning, shopping and cooking with British ingredients.
British Food Fortnight fits in perfectly with Freshers Week, a time when students have just moved away from home. This activity should show students that it can be enjoyable, affordable, healthy and fun.
The winner will receive a free place on the Leeds Universities Showcasing Collaboration study tour in November. They will also receive a site visit from an Ambassador of Love British Food, who will be able to offer advice, tips and answer any questions.
To enter, email your menu plus examples of the activity (pictures, videos, quotes from students) to [email protected] by 18 October 2019. The winner will be announced on 25 October.
Ts & Cs:
- Entries to the competition must be a member of TUCO and show activity held during British Food Fortnight – 21st September – 6th October.
- Entry to be sent to [email protected] by midday on Friday 18th October and include
- Details of BFF menu that was created and activated during BFF
- Examples of activity (pictures/quotes etc and how students engaged)
- Entries must come from the participating chef/university and must not have been used or published anywhere else.
- Copyright remains with the entrant but Love British Food have gratuitous use for promotion and entries will be credited accordingly.
- The entry can be from a team of people, but one contact needs to be responsible and available to discuss entry if needed.
- The judging panel comprises Mike Haslin, TUCO, Alexia Robinson, Love British Food, Oli Blanc, Love British Food Ambassador. The decision of the judges is final.
- The winning university will receive one place on the Leeds University Showcasing Collaboration Study Tour in November. A Love British Food Ambassador will also be invited to visit the winning university.
- The organisers reserve the right to award the prize to another entry if any problems arise with the winner. The next best entry will be awarded accordingly.