SH Jones is a family owned business, selling wines and spirits to discerning customers throughout the Cotswolds and beyond since 1848.
It has been in the ownership of the Jones family since 1886 with recently appointed director, Harry Jones being the fifth generation to work in the business.
A large proportion of the business has been supplying the on-trade, and we continue to serve pubs, hotels, restaurants, and educational establishments throughout the Midlands and the south of England.
The company took premises on Banbury High Street in 1913, opening a further two shops, Leamington and Bicester, in the late 1990s. A second outlet was opened, the Cellar Shop, attached to our warehouse on the Tramway Estate. The High Street business was relocated to an expanded cellar shop in 2016 where we have good parking, enabling customers to collecy and / or talk to our sales team.
In 2013, SH Jones purchased Hawkshead Wines and then Slurp (IWC Direct Merchant of the Year 2012) expanding into the online market. After a period of consolidation the shops and internet business were separated out from wholesale and rebranded 'Slurp'.
The company continues to thrive under the SH Jones banner, working in partnership with suppliers throughout the world and its loyal customers in the UK.