Proudly sponsored by:
The TUCO Barista Skills Challenge has developed to be an exciting part of the Competition's event. It's the perfect platform for you to showcase your skills, knowledge and talent in making the perfect cup of coffee.
You will compete in a live 15-minute competition and produce; four espressos, four cappuccinos and finally four espresso-based, non-alcoholic specialty drinks.
Whilst creating these drinks you will give live commentary to the judges and audience to explain your work and demonstrate your knowledge.
Each competitor is allocated these three preparation and competition periods:
- 15-minute practice (this is off stage and not filmed or judged)
- 15-minute setup on stage
- 15-minute live competition
As this is a live competition there will be spectators and you will be filmed with your work being shown on the main screens.
Our judges will offer written feedback to all entrants.
We are delighted to confirm this year's finalists:
- Katie Gale - Cardiff University
- Lelia Toma - Cardiff University
- Aga Regulska - King's College London
- Jun Zhao - University of Bath
- Sophie Colman - University of Bristol
- Gosia Lubert - University of Cambridge
- Chris Tipping - University of Chester
- Emma Watson - University of Edinburgh
- Kerry Burns - University of Edinburgh
- Tracy Munro - University of Edinburgh
- Bethan Woods - University of Kent
- Manolis Pagkalos - University of Leicester
- Eleanor Griffiths - University of Reading
- Chris Marsh - University of Sheffield
- Nuria De Haro Bueno - University of Sheffield
If you have any queries or questions before or after you have entered, feel free to email us on [email protected] or call the event team on 0344 571 8208.