Proudly sponsored by
The Chefs' Challenge is for a team of two chefs challenged to cook a three-course meal of two covers in two hours.
To challenge the skills of the chefs a mystery box of ingredients that may be used in the competition is revealed at a briefing the evening before the cook off. Chefs then have just over two hours to conceive and plan the menu they will cook using these ingredients.
Competition duration: 120-minutes
The competition is open to all levels and is an opportunity to demonstrate team work, skills and talent.
An audience will be able to watch as our eight kitchen stations cook the food in front of them.
Equipment provided in the kitchens include;
- electric four-ring hob and oven
- electric salamander grill
- preparation tables
Teams are to provide their own crockery, carriers, sauce boats etc
Our judges will offer written feedback to all entrants.
We are delighted to confirm this year's finalists:
- Ype van der Schaaf & Martin Rodgers - Forth Valley College
- David Boothby & James Tudor - Keele University
- Paul Roman & Dean Forester - King's College London
- Harry Pond & Luke Schofield - Loughborough University
- Philip Olivant & Gary Hunt - Staffordshire University
- Mark Donovan & Douglas Shewan - University of Aberdeen
- Chris Murphy & Richard Williams - University of Chester
- Stephen Sadler & Callum Reeve - University of East Anglia
- Richard Still & Janet Szypillo - University of Exeter
- Samuel Ranger & Gary Rogers - University of Kent
- Ashley Podgers & Debbie Ellis - University of Leicester
- David Martin & Ray Hardy - University of York
If you have any queries or questions before or after you have entered, feel free to email us on [email protected] or call the event team on 0344 571 8208.