Proudly sponsored by:
Brand new for 2020, the Innovative Breakfast Challenge is to deliver two portions of an innovative breakfast.
Think ‘outside of the box’ for a breakfast that would be enjoyed by a customer, eaten in a refectory/restaurant environment, using innovative and traditional ingredients, hot or cold, or a combination that can be served plated or as a sharing platter or tray presented. The choice is up to you.
Competition duration: 45-minutes
The competition is open to all levels and is an opportunity to demonstrate your creativity, skills and talent.
An audience will be able to watch as our eight kitchen stations cook the food in front of them.
Equipment provided in the kitchens include;
- electric four-ring hob and oven
- electric salamander grill
- preparation tables
You are to provide everything for your dishes from the crockery, carriers, sauce boats etc and all ingredients.
Our judges will offer written feedback to all entrants.
We are delighted to confirm this year's finalists:
- Dean Ridout - Cardiff University
- John Mattinson - Lancaster University
- Richard Smith - University Of Brighton
- Frank Dace - University of Chester
- Csaba Varjas - University of East Anglia
- Joseph Mill - University of Edinburgh
- Richard Still - University of Exeter
- Clinton Milborrow - University of Reading
- Justyna Szprengier - University of Reading
- Van Pham - University of Warwick
If you have any queries or questions before or after you have entered, feel free to email us on [email protected] or call the event team on 0344 571 8208.