Proudly sponsored by:
Brand new for 2020, the Love British Food challenge is to deliver two portions of a plated main course using British pork with suitable garnish and accompaniments.
Competition duration: 60-minutes
The competition is open to all levels and is an opportunity to demonstrate skills and talent.
An audience will be able to watch as our eight kitchen stations cook the food in front of them.
Equipment provided in the kitchens include;
- electric four-ring hob and oven
- electric salamander grill
- preparation tables
You are to provide everything for your dishes from the crockery, carriers, sauce boats etc and all ingredients with the exception of the pork.
You may find information on the Love British food website www.lovebritishfood.co.uk we are delighted to partner with the Love British Food campaign for this competition.
The challenge takes place on Tuesday 7th April in the morning.
Our judges will offer written feedback to all entrants.
We are delighted to confirm this year's finalists:
- Stuart Kennedy - Lancaster University
- Bradley Newsome - University of Chester
- Mark North - University of Chester
- Craig English - University of Edinburgh
- Tristan Babington-Taylor - University of Exeter
- Alex Maria - University of Reading
- Lee Springett - University of Reading
- Luke Rhodes - University of Sheffield
- David Webb - University of Warwick
- Ryan Dare - University of Warwick
- Stephen Doyle - University of Winchester
- Ray Hardy - University Of York
If you have any queries or questions before or after you have entered, feel free to email us on [email protected] or call the event team on 0344 571 8208.