NOTE: COVID vaccinations are required to attend this event and attendees must have been fully vaccinated by the 31st of May.
Menus of Change Leadership Summit: The Business of Healthy, Sustainable, Delicious Food Choices is a ground-breaking leadership initiative launched in 2012 by The Culinary Institute of America and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health that works to realise a long-term, practical vision integrating optimal nutrition and public health, environmental stewardship and restoration, and social responsibility concerns within the foodservice industry and the culinary profession. In just its first nine years, Menus of Change has established a compelling new agenda for the foodservice industry through an annual leadership summit at the CIA’s Hyde Park campus, an annually updated compilation of resources on the state of the industry, and an ongoing series of tools and guidance for foodservice professionals. Menus of Change also informs The Culinary Institute of America’s approach to educating the next generation of culinary and business leaders.
Who is this for?
This event is for thought leaders, decision makers, and policy visionaries from food service operations in the TUCO membership, who would like to explore the Menus of Change support on how to deliver on taste, health, and sustainability—without sacrificing business and / or budgetary objectives.
Why should I take part?
The Menus of Change event is relevant to chefs and operational leaders who are working to secure the financial sustainability of their restaurants and foodservice operations post-covid19. The Summit is focussed on personal and public health, environmental stewardship and restoration, and social responsibility to drive innovation and change if our industry is to be successful in securing a thriving, resilient future.
The Menus of Change Summit faculty includes industry experts, featuring top talent including nutrition and environmental scientists, consumer insight experts, chefs and culinary entrepreneurs, business leaders and investment analysts, industry sector innovators, journalists and climate communications specialists, suppliers large and small, food systems change-makers, world cuisine experts, policy advocates, futurists, biodiversity leaders, and more. You can see the presenter list here.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will benefit from…
- An opportunity to engage in dialogue with not only boundary-pushing foodservice industry peers but also a diverse cross-section of leading scientists, public sector innovators, NGO and think tank analysts, who―collectively―stand to shape the future of the foodservice industry
- Culinary, sourcing, and business strategies for operationalising the Menus of Change 24 Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus
- Lessons learned from real-world case studies in advancing health and sustainability imperatives across a wide range of operations and sectors of the foodservice and restaurant industry
- Transport to the USA and the Summit
- Overnight accommodation during your stay
- All visits including entry to the Summit
- Food and drink each day
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Additional drinks, room service, etc.
A provisional itinerary will be made available shortly. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to the event commencement.
You can find out more about the conference and the Culinary Institute of America here.