Who is this for?
Food Safety qualifications are for anyone working in the catering and hospitality industry to ensure compliance.
Why should I take part?
Delegates gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. These courses are accredited and have been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits. Qualifications are assessed by multiple choice examination.
What level is right for me?
Level 2 is aimed at those handling high risk open foods whilst Level 3 and 4 are aimed at managers and supervisors, to ensure they receive a thorough understanding of food safety including the latest on allergens and threats to food safety.
How will it help me?
During the event you will...
- Understand the manager's role in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- Discuss procedures relating to the communication of ingredient information from supplier to consumer
- Understand the importance of implementing controls to prevent contamination from allergenic ingredients,
- Learn methods for managing ingredient controls and procedures
Following the course you have the option to have:
- Have attained a Level 3 qualification in Food Allergen Management in Catering on passing the assessment
- A record of attendance for your professional development
Minimum guided learning hours for the qualification:
Level 3: 7 hours + exam at institution at a later date
The course will take place over 1 day, the day will typically start at 0900h and end at 1700h (allowing 1h for lunch and refreshment breaks). The exam for this course (if you have requested it) will take place at your institution after the training is completed. We may need to train an invigilator for the exam to be held in your institution.
This is an online session with a limited number of places available. Delegates will need access to a laptop or PC with a microphone and web camera to participate in this interactive course. Attendees will receive a link to the session one week before and a downloadable participant pack the day before. (Paper copies can be sent out if you notify Sarah Mcloughlin at least 1 week in advance [email protected] )