Who is this for?
Middle to Senior Managers who would like to develop their mentoring skills.
Why should I take part?
Every organisation needs some form of a career development programme to produce a succession of motivated, upward-moving employees. Mentoring is the process of preparing staff for future change. It is often referred to as a journey of prompted discovery. An effective mentor will be looking at longer-term career development and helping to improve leadership development and the retention of key people.
This course enables you to develop the skills of a mentor so they can bring the best out of your staff. Each delegate is given a handbook of key points from the course and advice from experienced mentors. They will have everything needed to prepare for their meetings with the mentee:
• Potential Benefits of Mentoring • Mentor Qualifications • The Role of a Mentor • Mentoring Skills • Avoiding the Pitfalls • Mentor versus Manager • Mentor versus Coach • The Role of the Mentee • Mentee Qualifications • Mentoring Outcomes • Phases of Mentoring Relationships • Meeting Suggestions • The First Meeting • Between First and Second Meetings • The Second Meeting • The Experiential Learning Cycle • Model Discussions • Frequent Questions asked by Mentors • Duration of Mentoring • More than one mentee at a time • End of the relationship • Using The GROW Model • Outcome Orientation • Creating SMART Action Plans • The skills of giving Feedback • Avoiding Problems
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Demonstrate the difference between a coach and a mentor
- Study how to build rapport and create a development environment
- Define preferred learning styles - understand how people learn
- Discover how to assess individual needs and give appropriate feedback
- Use effective probing and questioning and practice reflective listening
Following the event, you will…
- Take home a handbook of key points from the course and advice from experienced mentors
- Have learnt about the benefits of mentoring
- Understand the role and practice the skills of an effective mentor
- Understand how to handle resistance to constructive criticism
- Have learnt how to get the mentee to review themselves and objectively set effective action plans
0900: Delegates to arrive at TUCO HQ by this time for registration
0930: Start of course
1100: Break - Tea and Coffee
1130: Course Continues
1330: Course Continues
1500: Course Continues
1600: End of Course
Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to event commencement.
About the Trainer:
This workshop will be delivered by Graeme Jones of Elite Training who has key skills in the development of both front-line staff and front-line management. Graeme is an authorised Growth Accelerator Coach helping to develop the management teams of SMEs.
Travel and Accommodation:
TUCO HQ is located at National House 3rd Floor, 36 St Ann Street, Manchester, M2 7LE. It is a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station and Victoria Train Station.
TUCO Ltd has a corporate contract with Motel One Hotel. The cost per room (single occupancy) is £69.00 INC VAT and has a 100% cancellation fee up to 6pm on the day of the reservation. To benefit from this contract please quote TUCO at the time of booking.
36 St Ann Street