Who is this for?
Staff who have responsibility for ensuring that allergen awareness is delivered at all levels in their operations
Why should I take part?
Since the introduction of the Food Information for Consumers Regulations in 2014, there has been a number of high profile cases where failure to manage ingredients and information for consumers have led to tragic outcomes. All food businesses must have an actively managed policy on allergen awareness as part of their overall due diligence. This course will enable you to adhere to safe and clear practices in your kitchens and food outlets, including the legal, moral and economic consequences of poor practices.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Get clued up on the procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
- Understand hygiene considerations, with regard to allergen and ingredient control
- Understand procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross-contamination of allergenic ingredients
Following the event, you will…
- Understand the different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively identified and controlled
- Understand the characteristics of food allergies
0900: Delegates to arrive at TUCO HQ, Manchester by this time for registration
0915: Start of course
1200: Lunch will be provided
1230: Course Continues
Course to end by 6pm
Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to event commencement.
Travel and Accommodation:
TUCO HQ is located at National House 3rd Floor, 36 St Ann Street, Manchester, M2 7LE. It is a short walk from Manchester Piccadilly Train Station and Victoria Train Station.
TUCO Ltd have a corporate contract with Motel One Hotel. The cost per room (single occupancy) is £69.00 INC VAT and has a 100% cancellation fee up to 6pm on the day of the reservation. To benefit from this contract please quote TUCO at the time of booking.
36 St Ann Street