Who is this for?
Food Safety qualifications are for anyone working in the catering and hospitality industry to ensure compliance.
Why should I take part?
Delegates gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. These courses are accredited and have been developed to protect customers, brand reputation and profits. Qualifications are assessed by multiple choice examination and the Level 4 is an open response exam.
What level is right for me?
Level 2 is aimed at those handling high risk open foods whilst Level 3 and 4 are aimed at managers and supervisors, to ensure they receive a thorough understanding of food safety including the latest on allergens and threats to food safety.
How will it help me?
During the event you will...
• Discuss the responsibilities of food safety, identifying food safety hazards and catering standards
• Learn how to ensure that food handlers are aware of the hazards and controls associated with the types of food you produce
• Discuss the responsibility you have to correctly store, prepare, cook and handle food
• Gain knowledge in Food Safety Legislation regulations
• Be trained in Food Standards Agency policies
• Review HACCP and codes of practice
• Confidently manage the operational requirements of food safety
Following the course you will...
• Have attained a Level 3 qualification in Managing Food Safety in Catering
Minimum guided learning hours:
Level 3: 20 (over 2.5 days) + exam at institution at a later date to allow for revision
The course will take place over 2 8-hour and 1 4 hour day. Each day will typically start at 0930h and end at 1730h (allowing time for lunch and refreshment breaks). The exam for this course will take place at your institution after the training is completed. We may need to train an invigilator for the exam to be held in your institution.
This is an online session with a limited number of places available. Delegates will need access to a laptop or PC with a microphone and web camera to participate in this interactive course. Attendees will receive a link to the session one week before and a downloadable participant pack the day before. (Paper copies can be sent out if you notify Camilla Hayes at least 1 week in advance [email protected] )