This year's conference theme is about The Road to Recovery after COVID and how to ‘Build Back Better’ (BBB is the UK's Government plan for growth over the coming months and years). Coming out of the crisis successfully, is going to require a combination of building a cultural norm of keeping each other safe as well as ourselves and building a people driven strategy that supports an economy that is the fulfilment of our society for everyone.
Who is this for?
TUCO Members who would like to explore the conference topic, visit our partners in the virtual exhibition and join our interactive social event with our partners and members.
Why should I take part?
As disruption in the catering and hospitality industry continues to cause more change than ever for employers and consumers, many leaders in catering, hospitality and the supply chain are looking for innovative techniques to come up with solutions to help smooth out the impact on their teams and processes. TUCO have sourced speakers who look at managing change and supporting teams through this process.
How will it help me?
During the event through our interactive app, you will…
- Network and brainstorm with TUCO members from other institutions who are facing the same challenges as you
- Discover some interesting initiatives that can be applied to your own institution
- Visit TUCO partners to discuss your requirements
The agenda is subject to change but includes:
- 08:00 'Live' Exhibition opens (The exhibition will be open from the 21st of July for information only)
- 09:00 Opening comments: Phil Rees Jones and Mike Haslin
- 09:10 Using gut health to build back better wellbeing: Lisa and Alana Macfarlane; The Mac Twins from The Gut Stuff and Head of Nutrition Kristy Coleman
- 10:00 The Technological Road To Recovery: The Access Group with industry experts Garry Collins, Sunny Rutherford and Lorna Wilcox
- 11:00 Building back people better: HR/People experts from the retail and hospitality sector
- 12:00 Live exhibition continues
- 13:00 The Business Road to Recovery: Members of the 1st graduating cohort for the LSBU / TUCO Masters Degree will be showcasing their Hospitality Consultancy Report findings
- 14:00 Using mental wellbeing to build back better: Dr Andy Cope; The Happiness professor
- 15:00 Building back nutrition better: Sophie Egan; Menus of Change University Research Collaborative and the 24 Principles of the menus of change with Matt Tebbit; Reading University, Annabel Hurst; Cardiff University and Manish Shah; Kings College London.
- 15:40 Closing comments
- 16:00 TUCO AGM
Following the event you will...
- Be able to introduce ideas and policies at your institution
- Access to the Whova app event
- Access to speakers to ask questions prior to the conference
- Access to speakers presentations live online
- Interaction with other attendees, prior to and while attending the conference
- Partners and suppliers exhibition 2 weeks before AND during the conference
- An online social event "The TUCyO Olympics" (Please use the separate booking form to book on. The closing date to book on for the ingredients for this event is the 18th of July, this reflects the time needed for the packs being posted out in time.)