The Study Tour will include a visit to a supplier factory with Simply Lunch, a guided tour of retail units in and around London, return Eurostar travel, 2-nights’ accommodation, entrance to The Sandwich and Snack Show, and all food and drink. The tour will be led by a TUCO Representative from the Procurement team plus a supplier representative to ensure that all delegates are surrounded by knowledge and presented with the best opportunities.
Who is this for?
This study tour has been developed for retail managers and staff looking to improve their sales and reduce wastage of food to go products. Delegates who sign up to this event will be contacted by TUCO Academy in advance of the tour departure for some information on their products and sales and the itinerary will subsequently be adjusted in all areas to be as focussed, relevant and rewarding as possible.
There are also 2 bursary places available and the TUCO Academy will be accepting applications up to the closing date of the 1st of March 2023 through the following form: Bursary Application Form Please do not use the booking form button on the right.
Why should I take part?
Designed for the Food to Go Market, the Paris Sandwich and Snack Show help buyers to develop or enhance their business through new trends and concepts in snacking and handheld food items. Simply Lunch will also be providing a behind the scenes look at their food production system and offer insights from real life examples at private sector retail units.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Network with likeminded TUCO Academy members from institutions across the UK, creating links for your institution making your network stronger and building confidence and motivation amongst teams
- Visit the leading trade fare dedicated to the Food to Go Market
- Assess how the domestic and international markets are progressing in order to keep up with customer demands and expectations
- Examine current offerings from the existing market, to be able to benchmark against your competition
- Recognise the types of customers coming into outlets and spending patterns
- How to stock and display products based on day parts
- Understand planograms and how to produce business / category plans for retail outlets
- Overnight accommodation in the Paris
- All visits including entry to the Sandwich event
- Food and drinks each day
- Travel around London and Paris and refreshments throughout.
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Additional drinks, room service, etc.
A provisional itinerary will be made available shortly. Final itineraries will be emailed approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.
Day one on the 11th of April will start at 8:30 at Simply Lunch HQ in Croydon (Unit 2, ZK Park 23 Commerce Way, London CR0 4ZS) so please consider travel and accommodation. Day 3 on the 13th of April will finish after the Eurostar arrives back in London at 1730pm.