Who is this for?
Catering, Hospitality, Conference and Events & Marketing professionals from junior to senior management level. Any TUCO member who is interested to see the behind the scenes workings of customer focussed institutions with an emphasis on interdepartmental team collaboration.
Why should I take part?
Leeds is a vibrant student city with the fourth largest student population in the country (over 200,000) and is one of the UK’s hotspots for night life. The Civic or Northern quarter has a growing entertainment district providing for both students and weekend visitors with a large number of bars and restaurants.
The city has teams representing all the major national sports including the most successful rugby league team in Leeds – the Leeds Rhinos who play their home games at Headingley Carnegie Stadium. The stadium is affiliated with Leeds Beckett University near to the Headingley campus which is part of the study tour.
On this three-day study tour, delegates will see first-hand the student experience and be able to review the catering, conferencing and events facilities at three different universities located in Leeds – Leeds Beckett University, University of Leeds and the Leeds College of Music. Delegates will spend a day at each institution, exploring what makes the customer experience special to that University and how they have overcome challenges to quality and business results and still provide a great service offer through collaboration. The tour will offer an opportunity for delegates to view each campus, conference and event facilities where applicable, and the elements of the experience which makes them successful for students and commercially.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Spend a day at each institution, exploring what makes the customer experience special to that University and how they have overcome challenges to quality and business results and still provide a great service offer through collaboration
- Find out information from ‘Meeting Leeds’ at an open evening and presentation
- Discover how Leeds market the University of Leeds and collaborate outside of the institution to grow the business.
- Take inspiration from other Universities back to your own institutions, through campus tours, catering unit tours and conferencing tours
- Network and troubleshoot with likeminded TUCO members from different institutions
Following the event, you will…
- Have gained an understanding of the practice and proficiency of catering and events professionals in Leeds who are providing a great student and external customer experience at their institutions
- Have learnt new knowledge on how the institutions look at the customer experience and make adjustments to operational plans
- Be inspired by different catering themes and concepts, such as international menus and sports menus through Leeds Beckett’s collaboration with Headingley
- Have ideas on how to make the most of your teams through collaboration with other departments and external companies
2 nights’ accommodation at Leeds Weetwood Hall, visits to Leeds Beckett University, The University of Leeds and the Leeds College of Music including refreshments, guided tours, networking opportunities, talks and presentations, travel around the city, all meals and drinks during the tour.