Zonal are a family-owned, market-leader in hospitality technology in the UK, investing more in product development than any of our competitors within the UK market place.
Our 40-year history, and strong financial status, enable us to provide a solution that will offer a partnership for life between our two companies.
Since our inception in 1979, Zonal has been at the forefront of innovation in the U.K. EPOS industry and has continually delivered market-leading solutions to our customers.
We directly employ within the U.K. our own development teams, enabling real interaction with our customers and our own service teams both field and office based providing the highest level of service in the industry. Zonal are a full-service company and therefore not reliant on third parties to meet the outlined requirements. We also a manufacture our hardware to the highest standards, in a uk-based, carbon neutral facility.
Zonal’s Marketing Technologies product suite has been developed to include the most innovative customer ordering and engagement tools available in the market and offer Hospitality operators a unique service and solution focused on growing their business and engaging with their customers.
Zonal Culture & Approach:
- Our company values; Passion, Professionalism, Innovation and Teamwork (Customer + Zonal), are reflected in the way we engage with customers and their business change projects. Throughout the company a “Get It Done” attitude ensures we remain focused on a customer’s business needs first and the dust on the contract remains suitably undisturbed.
- Our implementation, training and field service people are instructed to work until the job is finished and not to the contracted hours. This allows us to absorb the day-to-day challenges of complex IT and people change projects and deliver the necessary results.
- Our view is that in a dynamic, modern business, the role of EPOS goes considerably further than simply PoS. Our “BIG EPoS” strategy has delivered a highly integrated set of service and consumer tools that offers better control, efficient management and a wide range of options to integrate the guest relationship into EPoS data and processes
- We have invested heavily in delivering robust APIs to connect Zonal solution components to each other and support the highly functional integration of 3rd party components
- We understand the ROI pressure on IT investment and focus on making our solutions work on existing infrastructure and hardware whenever possible. We pay close attention to cost effective scalability of our solutions allowing the full turnover range of a customer’s site to benefit from solutions such as table management or kitchen management
- 100% of our technical & operational intellect and investment is focused on the demands of multiple site retailers
- The current environment and expectation of trading whilst conforming to social distances measures has seen a huge spike in Order & Pay, Click & Collect and Takeaway capabilities.
The foundation of our “BIG EPoS” solution set is a single, comprehensive and robust EPoS platform reflecting the accumulated experience gained over 40 years.
- C530 employees, 180 inhouse software developers
- Growing revenue and profitable £70m+ revenue y/e 19/20
- UKbased, family-owned, self-funded, zero debt, £22m net assets
- R&D spend is over 10% of turnover, 100% hospitality & Retail focused
- Zonal’s subsidiaries are:
- Zonal Marketing Technologies (Reservation & Table Management & Digital Marketing)
- Comtrex Systems (ePOS based in the UK and US)
- High-Level Software (Property Management System)
Zonal’s independence means we are free to define our customer-led strategy, and to prioritise & focus on supporting our customers’ needs = long-term partnerships >> Our customers are front-and-centre of everything we do