Feedback is supposed to be a gift, so why do so many employees receiving feedback not see it this way? Perhaps it’s the way it’s delivered to them. This session looks at what makes feedback effective and how to deliver it in a way that will drive positive behavioural change and lasting improved performance. It includes various feedback models to help structure feedback, and techniques to assist with the preparation and delivery of challenging conversations.
This 90-minute virtual session will help delegates to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of giving feedback
- Understand what effective feedback looks like
- Learn the AID feedback model and how to apply it to ensure a positive impact
- Understand the impact that listening skills and body language has in the feedback process
- Increase confidence levels in having candid conversations in difficult situations Understand how to disagree respectfully and assertively