Who is this for?
Any TUCO members looking to refine their understanding of vegan, vegetarian and plant-based foods and diets.
Why should I take part?
As more and more students take the decision to lead vegetarian, vegan and even plant-based lifestyles, it is more important than ever that those catering for them fully understand these terms and are able to create appetising, healthy and delicious dishes to meet their dietary requirements. This TUCO Academy study tour has been created to educate members on the differences between the three topics, through visits to popular, on-trend establishments across Manchester. Whilst vegan, vegetarian and plant-based often fall within the conscientious consuming and healthy eating trend topics, (please see our research from Global Food Trends Food and Beverage Report), it is important to understand that students will still seek satisfaction from the other 10 top trends.
This study tour encourages a full understanding of the differences between vegetarian, vegan and plant-based foods through visits and ends with a superb, thought-provoking, 10-course vegan meal created by MasterChef semi-finalist and head chef Adam Leavy, as well as showcasing how these diets can be catered for in exciting dishes that will also acknowledge other trends such as global larder, imbibing, crafted and curated, uber indulgent etc.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Visit several vegan, vegetarian and plant-based outlets, cafés and restaurants to gain inspiration that can be taken back to your own institution to influence positive and forward-thinking changes
- Dine at the UK’s best Vegan restaurant and meet head chef Adam Leavs for a chat and Q&A session.
- Experience the best vegan food in the UK
- Network with likeminded TUCO members who are facing the same challenges in catering
Following the event, you will…
- Understand the characteristics of vegetarian, vegan and plant-based foods
- Be able to think outside the box with your vegetarian, vegan and plant-based menus
- A visit to Manchester University’s Greenhouse Café
- a half-day walking tour of Manchester with food and drink
- a 10-course meal at The Allotment Vegan Restaurant
- any travel required during the tour
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- additional food or drinks
- travel to and from the study tour
- Accommodation at Motel One Royal Exchange is not included in the base price of the study tour but can be added at an additional cost of £40.00 + VAT.
This course will run over the course of one day, from approximately 0900 to 1500. A Full Itinerary will be uploaded closer to the time of the course.