Who is this for?
TUCO Members who would like to explore the Winter Conference sustainability topic further by visiting restaurants and sites in and around Cardiff who subscribe to this topic, to experience a warm Welsh welcome and immerse themselves in some great regional food experiences. The study tour will commence on the evening of the 4th December, immediately following the TUCO Winter Conference; therefore this event is ideal for those attending the conference who would like to extend their learning and development around the topic of sustainability.
Why should I take part?
As sustainability in the catering and hospitality industry continues to be more important than ever for consumers many restaurants and suppliers are using innovative techniques to come up with solutions that reduce environmental impact. There is plenty of opportunity for catering professionals when it comes to adopting sustainable processes, products and practices and Cardiff has several ideas and initiatives that can be explored on this study tour. The study tour is also a great opportunity to extend the discussion and ideas from the conference with like minded delegates while exploring the capital city of Wales.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Network and brainstorm with TUCO members from other institutions who are facing the same challenges as you
- Discover some interesting sustainability initiatives that can be applied to your own institution
- Experience the Clink Restaurant, which celebrates local seasonal produce, has a reduce, re-use, recycle policy and supports the community. All the meals at The Clink Restaurant at HMP Cardiff are cooked and served by prisoners in training to help them learn, engage with the public and take their first steps towards a new life.
- Visit suppliers and catering sites who embrace the sustainable ethos
Following the event you will...
- Be able to introduce sustainable policies at your institution
- All travel whilst on the tour
- Food and drink at all establishments, including dinner on the 4th September
- All visits including a local produce food tour
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Travel to and from the tour
- Additional drinks, room service, etc.
A provisional itinerary will be made available shortly. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to Tour commencement.
Please note this page is for the study tour following the Conference only. Bookings for the Winter Conference: Cardiff, will open later this year. If you would like to pre-register your interest in attending this event, please email [email protected].