This webinar is in partnership with Panache Consultancy.
From April 2022, except for certain exempt businesses, the requirement to calorie label extends to any business with 250 or more employees (‘a qualifying business’) which offers for sale non-prepacked food or drink suitable for immediate consumption by the person who buys it.
For example, the types of businesses covered by the requirement include (but may not be limited to):
- restaurants, fast food outlets, cafes, pubs and supermarkets
- home delivery services and third-party apps selling food that is in scope
- cafes and takeaways within larger shops and venues, such as supermarkets, department stores, and entertainment venues such as cinemas
- specialist food stores, delicatessens, sweet shops and bakeries
- contract catering – for example, for events and canteens
- domestic transport businesses including planes, trains, ferries and other forms of water transport within the UK
The course offers an outline to the legal requirements; practical implementation advice and the opportunity to ask questions about the legislation and consequences of noncompliance.
The session will last 30 minutes, with an opportunity for questions after.
Panache are one of the UK’s leading independent catering and facility management consultancy companies and are the number 1 ranking catering consultants on the LUPC consultant’s framework.
This session will be delivered by Jon Rook, Jon has been Managing Director of Panache South Limited for 6 years and has more than 30 years’ experience within the catering and hospitality industry including roles as Head of Catering and Conferences for Downing College, Cambridge, and Head of Hospitality Services at the University of Southampton.
Jon is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality and is former chairman of the Southern Branch and a Professional Member of the FCSI (Foodservice Consultants Society International).
In 2012 Jon attained his master’s degree in ‘International Hospitality Design and Management Consultancy‘ from Sheffield Hallam University. He also holds a HND in Hotel & Catering Management, City and Guilds 706/1 & 2, Prince 2 Project management Practitioners certificate and the Advanced Food Hygiene qualification. Jon is a register trainer for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and teaches food hygiene courses to level 3.