Who is this for?
Anyone interested in learning about on-trend breakfast dishes from around the world.
This includes heads of catering who would like to gather inspiration on enhancing sales and satisfaction levels, chefs of all levels who would like to develop their menus, and all other catering staff who are interested in on-trend food and keeping up-to-date with the trends sought after by their target markets.
Why should I take part?
According to the Global Food and Beverage Trends Report, breakfast continues to be the most popular meal of the day – but least of all in the morning. More and more all-day brunch establishments are popping up from across the globe, showcasing international foods at their best. What’s more, with people becoming busier and busier, more and more people are looking to get together over breakfast rather than dinner. Popular breakfast offerings range from nutritious super-food, protein-rich blends to decadent and indulgent showstoppers. They can be personalised and scaled up or down depending on your hunger level. All-day breakfasts and brunches are the new norm with students seeking dishes they can show on social media, original eating experiences, and foods to match their lifestyles.
Breakfasts From Around the World will take place in Manchester and will include a tour of several popular, up and coming international establishments serving a variety of breakfast options popular with students. Visits to each establishment will showcase the variety of global breakfast options on offer such as Tex-Mex, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Eastern European, etc. The breakfasts will also encompass on-trend breakfast dishes such as vegan and plant-based, uber indulgent, bottomless brunches etc. Finally, the tour will also offer an in-depth insight into the desired dishes of international students and how providing traditional breakfasts can make them feel more at home.
How will it help me?
During the event, you will…
- Tour several popular, up and coming international establishments serving a variety of breakfast options popular with students
- Discover the variety of global breakfast options on offer such as Tex-Mex, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Eastern European
- Sample typical international breakfasts that could be implemented at your own institutions to offer ‘homely’ food to your international students
- Review a Manchester institution on the success of their newly incorporated Chinese breakfasts, cooked two ways to cater for different cooking cultures within China
- Talk with restaurant owners to discuss implementing new menus into your institutions
- Network and exchange ideas with likeminded TUCO members from other institutions
Following the event, you will…
- Learn about the different breakfast offerings from around the world that are currently trending in the UK to your target markets and how these are popular with students
- Feel confident about implementing global breakfast cuisine in your organisation
Please note, this is subject to change. Final itineraries will be uploaded to your Dashboard approx. 1 week prior to event commencement.
- All travel whilst on the tour
- Food and drink at all establishments
What’s not included?
Anything not listed on the itinerary including, but not limited to:
- Travel to and from the study tour
- Additional food and drinks
Accommodation is not included in the study tour base price but can be added on at Motel One, Royal Exchange (rated 4.5 stars on google) if required for a subsidised rate of £50 per night (Room only). This can be added on at the booking stage or at a later date.
Dalton Ellis Hall Reception Area
Upper Brook Street/Anson Road